Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Un-Traditional Thanksgiving.

I have to admit, this vegetarian thing is easy.. in fact so easy, it's scary. Why did I ever need meat in the first place? It's been 2 months and so far my life is great, my health is great, and I haven't once felt the urge to cheat, because it's not that I can't have meat, it's that I don't want to eat it.


Thanksgiving was a breeze.. we spent the day with the Crawfords. I brought over an appetizer (details below), creamed corn, and a fruit salad. It was a good meal.. lots of meat-less things to eat. The only thing I wasn't able to eat, was the Turkey, and eh, so what! Turkey Shmerkey.. and NO ONE noticed that I had a plate without turkey.. so no questions, no problems.


So let's talk about this appetizer I made. Mmmmmm!
Bronco Bob's Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce + Cream Cheese.. and Multi-Grain crackers. Delish!
Thanks be to Nicole for this amazing concoction :)


3 comments:

  1. Glad it went well! Nobody noticed the lack of turkey on my plate either (except Rossco because he specifically looked). And I definitely didn't miss it! In fact, the sides are what I love most about Thanksgiving anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you didn't eat any turkey either? wow girly! have you not eaten any meat since we last talked too? omg, have you tried the morning star sausage patties yet? mmmm.. you will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, no meat for 3 weeks now! And yes, I have tried them. They are very good! I think they would be great in a breakfast sandwich. What is the brand of hamburger you found at Costco?

    ReplyDelete